Many people around the world have found relief through the use of elastic hoses. If you are someone who is interested in stockings and what they may be able to do to improve your health and comfort, we have put together a comprehensive guide that includes everything you need to know about pressure hoses.
Understanding Compression Elastic Stockings
Flexible pressure hoses are also known as compression stockings. These stockings are meant to improve blood flow to your legs, which helps to reduce pain and swelling. They are made with mesh material that contains elastic in order to create a tight, yet breathable fit.
Flexible pressure hoses are also designed to address specific pressure points. Different types of stockings will target various points along the leg. For example, you would normally get more pressure when wearing it along your ankles and less pressure when it is around the thigh.
Types of Compression Elastic stockings
When it comes to types of flexible pressure hoses, there are broadly three types. These include:
- Flexible pressure hoses that are used in sports.
- Elastic or compression stockings which are used in line with medical instructions
- And other elastic stockings which are simply meant to be worn during your free time
Flexible pressure hoses also come with various features that help differentiate one product from another.
The Product’s Shape:
One defining characteristic is the shape of the sock. As a general rule, the higher the level of compression, the more it is meant for sports or for medical use. However, the lesser the compression, the more that it can be used for leisure or for other purposes.
The General Purpose of Elastic Stocking
Flexible pressure hoses all have one purpose – to help with blood circulation. Poor blood flow to the legs can be caused by a variety of factors.
- Circulatory disorders: circulatory disorders are issues with the circulation of blood in the body. The consequences of these disorders can range from minor to very severe issues. The symptoms for these problems can range from swelling on the leg region to pain and then to other serious issues. This would include the restless leg syndrome.
- Varicose Veins: Another common circulatory problem is varicose veins. There are several reasons why people suffer from varicose veins. First, they could be due to poor health caused by lifestyle choices. This includes a sedentary way of living. Physiological factors could also be involved. This would also include issues with vein valves and even the heart. Flexible pressure hoses provide one reliable option that people can turn to for relief.
There are additional problems that can arise if varicose veins and similar issues aren’t addressed. Thrombophlebitis is one disease that affects the capillaries in the body and places an obstruction in the veins. This makes it especially important to take care of pay attention to symptoms and take measures to improve circulation.
How They Help?
In today’s world, most of us work jobs where we spend hours at a time sitting and staring at a computer. This one situation where the flexible pressure hoses can help.
The flexible pressure hoses work in different ways depending on the needs of the user. For example, when dealing with cellulite, the right flexible pressure hoses to use would be the preventive stockings which are also known as the support stockings. What this stocking does is provide a continuous massage affect when there is any form of movement in the limbs or region where the flexible pressure hoses have been worn.
As a result, movement creates an efficient gaseous exchange. This ensures a drainage systems for a lymphatic system. This automatically translates into a better circulatory system.
Now, we are going to take a look at medical stockings and how you can effectively use them. There are various types of medical stockings. These would include;
Stockings for Anti-embolism
Flexible pressure hoses for therapeutic uses
Stockings for anti-ulcer and so much more.
How to Put on Compression Medical Hoses
Wearing flexible pressure hoses can be more complex than simply putting on your average sock.
The first thing you would have to do is to take the measurement of where you intend to place or wear the stockings. Achieving the right fit is essential, so don’t skip this step.
The next step is putting on the stockings itself. Take hold of the stockings and make sure that they have been turned inside out. Start with your foot to your heel and put on your stockings.
Once this is done, try to shift the position of the mesh to the position which you feel is most suitable. Once you have managed to fix the stockings in place, the next thing to do is stretch your elastic pressure stocking up to the point where you need coverage. It is also important at this point to ensure that all parts of the flexible pressure hoses have been properly stretched.
The last thing you would have to check for would be the presence of creases or perhaps wrinkles. These can cause irritation, so be sure to smooth these out.
Support Compression Hoses
Support flexible pressure hoses are also known as preventive stockings. They are meant for people without any serious issues. In other words, these are stockings that have a much less pressure or compression than you would find with stockings that have been made for sports or for medical purposes.
These flexible pressure hoses help provide a more comfortable lifestyle . You would most likely see these kinds of flexible pressure hoses to recover from stress and fatigue. They are also helpful to people who stand for long hours at a time, including chefs, hairdressers and many others.
With the use of these support flexible pressure hoses, the problem of varicose veins would be non-existent for most individuals.
Pressure Hoses for Sports
Flexible pressure hoses are also helpful to athletes. This type of flexible pressure hoses is usually make with yarn, which is great for breathability and insulation. They will help you maintain a constant body temperature while you are playing sports.
When Should you use them?
There are some situations when flexible pressure hoses are a must:
- Flexible pressure hoses are necessary if you have circulatory issues. Other health problems include diabetes and varicose veins.
- If you have just recently been in surgery, then you might need to wear some elastic hoses for a period of time.
- If you are having issues due to standing for a very long time probably because of your job, you will find elastic stockings quite useful.
- Pregnant women also find elastic hoses to be quite useful.
- Pilots are another good choice for wear flexible pressure hoses since they sit during flights, which can cause circulation problems.
How Long Should You Wear Them
These pressure hoses are supposed to be removed three times a day to check for warmth and color of your feet and toes. You should be sitting with your legs up or lying down while the hoses are off. You are supposed to reapply them before you stand or while you are sitting on the side of your bed. Improper application can damage tissues and block circulation. Change hoses daily after washing your legs. Hoses should be washed regularly. We recommend you hand wash and air dry according to the manufacturer’s instruction. You can wear these hoses to prevent or treat a variety of conditions, such as: varicose veins, spider veins, deep vein thrombosis, and edema in the legs, plantar fasciitis, and even diabetic neuropathy. If your vein condition is mild, such as aching legs due to edema, you may only need to wear these hoses for a short time period. Alternatively, you can directly ask your physician the number of hours you should wear the hoses before you even buy them. To make going to the washroom much easier during the day, we recommend you buy thigh-high type of hoses. These ones are great in the sense that they can be applied with a garter belt. This means that you will not need to pull the hoses down in order to go for a long or short call.
Expert Tips for Putting On Pressure Hoses
Regardless of the brand of pressure hoses you use, there’re a few useful tips that can make them easier to put on.
- Take off all your jewelry before applying these hoses. Bracelets and rings can get stuck on the hoses, causing tears and rips.
- Avoid using moisturizing crème or lotion. These two skin products can easily damage the elasticity of your pressure hoses.
- If putting on the support hoses proves to be difficult for some reason, try using a pair of rubber or latex gloves. The smooth surface of the gloves will make it much easier for you to hold the hoses and be able to put them on.
- In some cases, you may be unable to pull up the hoses. If that happens, we recommend you try a fitting lotion. This product may effectively help your pressure hoses stay in place as you pull them up along your leg.
- You also need to make sure that your support hoses are snag-free by wearing snug-fitting, comfortable shoes. Walking around your house without your shoes on may cause your hoses to develop tears or runs. This can potentially degrade the compression properties of the hoses.
- You can also use special devices to help put on your pressure hoses. The most popular devices are a donning device and doff n donner.
How to Care for the Pressure Hoses
We have talked about the garment basics. Now, let’s talk about the best ways to take care of your flexible pressure hoses. To maintain therapeutic effectiveness and prolong the life of your garment, we recommend the following: machine wash and dry your garments every day. Preferably, in a garment bag to restore it back to its original shape. Use the lowest permanent press setting. Also, be sure to wash your garments with light colors and use a mild detergent. Avoid using bleach, chlorine, or any fabric softeners.
How can you get Flexible Pressure Hoses?
Are you interested in getting elastic stockings? The good news is that it can be easily be purchased in a variety of ways. If your doctor recommended elastic stockings, they will probably give you a prescription. This can also he helpful when it comes to getting additional coverage from your insurance company. Once you have a prescription, you can get them any time you want from over the counter. You can also work with companies that deal with medical supplies. In addition, you should be able to get one with just over $10. However, the prices can vary according to the type of stocking you need. In some situations, they can cost as much as $100.
Benefits of Compression Pressure Hoses
Here are just a few of the benefits of wearing flexible pressure hoses:
- If you have leg swelling, then you will benefit from elastic stocking
- It also aids veins that are present in the body. This allows them to do their jobs properly.
- If you also are suffering from venous ulcers or some type of hypertension, you could also benefit from using elastic pressure stocking
- If you are suffering from lymphatic drainage, you would also benefit from using these stockings.
- Other benefits could include a boost of circulation and so much more
Side-Effects of Flexible Pressure Hoses
There can be some side effects of elastic pressure stockings. However, these are often rare. If you were prescribed elastic stockings by your doctor, you should check back regularly to identify any side effects.
Side effects on your skin could include:
- Redness on certain areas on your skin
- It can also come in the form of irritation
When you see these irritations or signs, it could mean a lot of things.
- It could mean that the stockings which you have gotten might just be too tight
- It could also mean that the means of putting on the elastic stockings might have been done the wrong way
- It could also mean that your body is not compatible with the materials which are present in the elastic stockings. In other words, you are allergic to it
Side effects can be taken care of easily by doing any or all of the following;
- Make sure that you have your current measurements before you get an elastic pressure stocking
- Also, make sure that all the steps and instructions on how to put on the elastic stocking are followed with
- If your elastic stocking was prescribed, it would also be vital to ensure that all the instructions from your doctor are followed
- If you should see any skin changes, then you should make sure you see your doctor immediately.
So here you have everything which you should know about elastic stockings. if you wish to get elastic stockings, make sure that you also take all the necessary steps and ensure that you get the right products. With the right elastic stockings, you can improve your health and comfort and avoid experiencing other major problems.