Last Updated January 8, 2022
What Support Socks Are
Support socks, which include sleeves and pressure wraps, improve blood circulation by applying gentle pressure on the feet and ankles. They can be helpful for individuals with edema or are suffering from swelling, aching, or pain in the feet and/or ankles.
Support socks are recommended by physicians and medical professionals for the various benefits they provide. Continue reading to learn more!
Medical Benefits of Support Socks
Support socks can benefit in the following ways:
- Prevents and/or treats circulatory issues, such as varicose veins and deep vein thrombosis (DVT),
- Prevents edema, lymphedema, and swelling in the feet and/or ankles,
- Prevents blood clotting and blood pooling,
- Promotes good blood circulation,
- Used by active individuals to improve training performance, quicken recovery post-workout, prevent prolonged muscle fatigue and injury.
How to Choose Support Socks
There are several factors that need to be considered before purchasing a pair of support socks, including the type, size, and compression level.
1. Type of Support Socks
Therapeutic support socks include anti-embolism socks and support socks.
- Anti-embolism socks: These are typically recommended for individuals who are bed-ridden, due to having surgery for instance, or have restricted movement.
- Support socks: These provide an equally distributed amount of pressure across the feet and ankles, can be worn for daily wear, and can be purchased over-the-counter without a doctor’s prescription.
There are also various lengths and and designs, such as:
2. Size of Support Socks
Choosing the right size is highly important as a size too small could restrict blood flow and cause discomfort, while a size too big may not give effective results.
3. Compression Levels of Support Socks
Compression levels represent the amount of pressure applied and are measured in ‘millimeters of mercury (mmHg)’. The higher the compression level, the stronger the pressure is applied.
A compression level that is suitable for beginners and daily wear is 8-15 mmHg and 15-20mmHg. A detailed explanation can be read in the table above,
Buying Online vs In-Store
Support socks are commonly available at pharmacies and drugstores. They can also be easily found on the internet.
Some may find buying support socks online is much more convenient than buying them from a store, while some do not.
The pros of both options are as follows:
Pros of Buying Online
- Shopping online frees you from the trouble of heading to a physical store, parking, and queuing.
- Searching for a good brand of support sicks is a simple few clicks away.
- Can be done via any electronic gadget with a connection to an internet browser.
- Comparing prices among different sellers is easier.
- Filing a product complaint and requesting an exchange or refund is simpler.
Pros of Buying In-Store
- You can try test support socks directly before making a purchase.
- You can directly check the feel, the softness of the fabric, and, most importantly, the level of compression a pair of support socks has.
- Some stores have staff that can measure your calf, ankle, and thigh thickness, and foot size to ensure you select the correct size that fits you best.
ComproGear – Quality Support Socks and Compression Stockings
ComproGear is an emerging seller in a highly competitive market of support socks and compression stockings. They continue to manufacture one of the most excellent compression gear for men and women of all ages. The brand has gained considerable popularity in the US.
ComproGear continues to work hard to make their products more accessible online for consumers as well as increasing awareness on the benefits of support socks and compression stockings. With greater awareness, individuals can make better informed decisions when deciding to buy a pair for themselves or for someone else.
Why choose ComproGear?
When shopping online for support socks and compression stockings, you can trust ComproGear for the following reasons:
- We sell high-quality goods, so you can shop with a complete peace of mind.
- We provide free shipping for purchases in the United States. Although this offer is valid for a short time, this can save you on shipping costs!
- We ensure our products are sold at the best prices.
- We have an easy return and refund policy. If you are not happy with our products, you can simply return them and get your money back!
- We offer an extensive range of products, including medical compression socks, anti-embolism socks, zippered stockings, ankle, knee or joint wraps, wide calf designs, and ted hose. Options of lengths like thigh-high, waist-high, and knee-high are also available.
How to Shop on ComproGear’s Website
Shopping on ComproGear is super simple! Just follow these steps:
- Check the self-explanatory sizing to confirm your size.
- After selecting a product, add it to the cart.
- Update your residential address and simply click on ‘proceed to checkout.’
- Add your billing details and choose any of the secure payment processes via credit card, PayPal, or stripe.
- That’s it! Then simply wait for your compression socks to arrive at your doorstep.
You can read our terms and condition page if you have any questions or would like to know more on the process.
What does ComproGear Have?
1. ComproGear: Savory Chevrons
- One of our bestselling designs.
- The days of boring and dull compression sock designs are long gone; now you can feel comfortable and look classy at the same time.
- This is perfect for wearing at home or with an informal or semi-casual attire.
- These socks apply a moderate compression of about 20–30 mmHg and protects you from developing edema and swollen ankles.
- The fabric consists of 65% nylon and 35% elastane, making it ideal for comfortable wear and stretching.
- The knee-high design covers your leg perfectly up to the knee and is equally popular among men and women.
2. ComproGear: Sunset Stripes
- This excellent design is also knee-high and takes your style to another level.
- You can wear this pair under your work clothes, your gym wear, and even at home.
- The fabric of the model is so comfortable that you can comfortably wear them all day long.
- The socks offer a 20–30 mmHg compression.
- The toe, heel, and the top edge of the sleeve have a bright yellow color to it.
3. ComproGear: Mountain Blue
- These are very classy that they can be worn either with a formal or informal attire.
- One of the most in-demand designs among men and women.
- The material of the socks consists of 65% nylon and 35% spandex, which give the wearer comfort and relief at the same time.
- The socks are so comfortable that you can wear them all day long, and you do not have to worry about those throbbing ankles and heaviness feeling after a long day.
- The average life of the pair is better than all its competitors and is much more durable.
- These socks are available in all four sizes, i.e. Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large.
4. ComproGear: Onyx Black
- The pair offers exceptional comfort and a moderate compression of 20–30 mmHg.
- The knee-high design can be worn with almost any attire and has become the go-to choice of men.
- These socks are soft, comfortable, and easy to wash.
Support socks can help you greatly in promoting proper blood circulation, particularly in the feet and ankles. Especially with ComproGear, it has become much more convenient to buy support socks online to save both time and money. So, head on to ComproGear to buy your own pair today!